PhD Fellowships in European Union Law at the University of Southern Denmark
At the Department of Law, University of Southern Denmark, 1-2 PhD fellowships in EU law will be available as of 1 January 2024, or by further agreement. The place of work will be SDU Campus Odense.
- Writing a PhD thesis on EU law, taking account of the case-law of the Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) linked to the job description and research project below.
- Undertake some teaching within the context of the fellowship.
- Supervise bachelors and master students for their theses.
- Take part in various knowledge exchange activities both inside and outside the university.
- Build relations to and cooperate with external stakeholders.
- Undertake administrative tasks related to research and teaching.
The PhD position(s) principally involves research obligations. The position is aimed at candidates who will be able to contribute to the research of the department, with emphasis on conducting a PhD thesis in EU law, focusing on the case-law of the Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU).
The position is fixed-term and is three-years of duration from the date the successful candidate(s) takes up their position to complete their Ph.D. thesis.
Applicants should hold a cand.jur (LL.M.), cand.merc.jur, or other form of postgraduate legal education. If candidates have not completed their legal education yet, they should be able to demonstrate proof of being about to complete it. Records of any published research prior to the application may be regarded as an advantage, and experience outside of legal research may be considered relevant for candidates’ applications. However, the combined contents of the application, enthusiasm, and determination of the candidate will be taken into consideration in order to find the best match for the position/team.
No teaching experience is necessary for the position, as the position principally involves writing a Ph.D. thesis in law. However, given that the position does involve some teaching on the bachelor’s and master’s degrees that the university offers, candidates must be prepared to teach on a suitable course within their areas of competence.
Application deadline 2023-08-15 23:59 (Europe/Copenhagen)